Simply tying obi is good.
Sometimes I really want to tie it more decorative. The mind of “kitsuke-shi” or a kimono dresser makes me creative.
How about you?
This time I’ll show you how to decorate the front of obi to dress yourself and someone.
Things you need are : 1 obi, 1 clip
Try this to yourself! Just twist the tucks.
1. Take the arm length.
2. Make a triangle.
3. Clip it on the obiita board and put the short end on the shoulder.
4. Wrap the obi once and tighten it.
5. Make two tucks.
6. Turn the tucked part half to show the other color. and clip it again.
7. Extend the tuck length as long as possible.
8. Bring the tucked part to the back.
9. Turn it half twice.
10. Take the clip away. Holding the tucked part, take the short end off and slide it aside a little.
11. Put the tucked part on the short one.
12. Make a knot.
13. Rotate the knot not to get loose.
14. Make a bow tie.
15. Go on.
16. Made the bow tie.
17. Make a tuck at the end.
18. Wrap the knot.
19. Open the bow and make the obi beautiful.
20. Hold the knot and the obiita board. Put your belly inside and turn the obi clockwise 180 degrees.
21. Open the tucks on both sides.
22. Okay, finished! Well done!
Watch this video again!
When you show the same color as the first wrapping, you shouldn’t turn the tucked part. Please refer to no.6.
A flower decoration
This is a technique to dress someone.
Things you need are : 1 long obi, 1 decorative cord, 3 rubber bands,３clips
Put the 3 rubber bands on your wrist.
*Maikichi recommends transparent latex rubber bands.
You can watch this video “How to decorate with a flower” on YouTube.
Example : This one is used a regular length obi. There are two petals. It is small but kawaii! When you tuck in different ways, you can make various flowers.
If you use a longer obi, you can create different flowers.
In crowded events etc., it is also necessary to reinforce decorations using a cord etc. so that a shape may not collapse.